Veterinary Dental Care Glencoe Illinois
Terry Animal Hospital knows that ongoing preventative dental care is an important component of your pet’s ability to live longer, healthier, and happier lives. Our complete oral assessment and treatment (C.O.H.A.T.) focuses on identifying and preventing periodontal disease, as well as, gingivitis. Once evaluated, we recommend dental prophylaxis when appropriate. Terry Animal Hospital has proudly been providing pet dental care to Glencoe, Illinois residents for over 60 years! Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
For A Dental Exam and Wellness Appointment Call Us today at:
Dog & Cat Dental Exams
The veterinary staff at Terry Animal Hospital will look for signs of oral and periodontal disease during the initial dental exam. Periodontal disease is a serious infection that can damage your pet’s teeth and gums, and even cause internal organ infection and additional health problems. Signs of oral disease include; swollen or inflamed gums, discolored teeth, evidence of tarter buildup, loose teeth, bad breath, and tumors.
Symptoms to Look For – As your pet continues to age we recommend keeping an eye out for the following symptoms of dental issues. If you do notice any of these symptoms call us for an appointment right away:
– Discomfort While Chewing – Irritated or Bleeding Gums – Difficulty Swallowing
– Worse than Normal Breath – Excessive drooling or Pawing at the Mouth
Dog & Cat Dental Cleaning Glencoe
Professional pet dental cleaning is a routine procedure, but it will require your pet to undergo anesthesia. While there is always a degree of risk with any anesthetic, delaying proper dental care can also compromise a pet’s health. Our veterinarians use modern anesthetics and equipment to provide the best possible outcome for your pet. Prior to the procedure our Veterinary staff will consult you on all of the details of the procedure. They will also go over any prep you and your pet need to do prior to your dental cleaning appointment.
Additional Veterinary Dental Procedures Available
- Complete Oral Health Assessment
- Prophylactic Cleaning of Teeth
- Periodontal Treatment
- Digital Radiography
- Oral Surgery
- Endodontic Treatment Including Root Canal Therapy
*all dental procedures are done under general anesthesia
Our Board Certified Veterinary team provide dog and cat dental cleanings to patients throughout the Chicagoland area including: Evanston, Glencoe, Golf, Highland Park, Morton Grove Northbrook, Northfield, Skokie, Wilmette, Winnetka, and surrounding areas. Be sure to view our patient testimonials on Google.
Practice Good Oral Hygiene for Pets
Dental Care Tips for Dogs and Cats
- Schedule a dental oral exam for your dog or cat every year (we can provide this exam during any scheduled examination or procedure)
- Schedule regular dental cleanings as recommended by your veterinarian
- Brush your pet’s teeth daily. If this doesn’t work for you then we recommend giving your pet a dental hygiene chew every other day
- Serve dog or cat food and treats that control tarter and plaque and promote good dental health (be sure to watch the calories associated with such treats)